Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problems with last visit time and subscribed threads..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jilly
    replied
    here's an update...

from a user with the problem:

I'm still having this problem. I've tried everying sugested at this point and the only thing I have found is that I only have this problem the first time I log in each day. The other times throughout the day this doesn't happen. I have tried logging out each time and not logging out and either way throughout the day my newly subscribed threads are there. The first time I log in each day they disappear as soon as I go to view them under UserCP.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• jilly
    replied
    Now I am also having users who can't log in to password protected boards, even though they have the correct passwords, and even after I have set their access masks to "yes", the password still isnt working. I have asked them to clear cookies and temp files, and it doesn't ssem to make a difference. About 15 users affected, no common issues that I can see..

Leave a comment:

• jilly
    replied
    It's restricted to just some users - I havent been able to duplicate it yet - I will ask the ones having trouble what browser they are using..

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The only way this is 'normal' is if they logged out. For instance I'm browsing these forum and reading new posts and my 'last visit' is unchanged.

Have you installed any hacks? Can you duplicate this problem, or is it restricted to just some users?

Leave a comment:

• cobraclub
    replied
    Ditto, some of my users are also having the same challenge.

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11657

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    This is normal behavour because the last time they did visit was 1 minute ago. But the new posts thing only resets itself clear when you click mark all forums read and exit the browser on a normal occasion.

Leave a comment:

• jilly
    started a topic problems with last visit time and subscribed threads..

problems with last visit time and subscribed threads..

I have several members that are having a problem with the subscribed threads and last visit time. I am using 3.0.6.
    When they first get to the board, it shows their 'last visit' time correctly, i.e. 10 hours ago, 6 hours ago, whatever. then, as soon as they click on a post to read it, or a pm to read it, it resets their last time visit to 1 minute ago, and suddenly when they click 'show new posts', nothing is there (because there are no new posts for the last minute), AND all their subscribed threads, which HAD rec'd posts since the last time they visited, suddenly show no new posts on them in their user cp.

They have cleared cookies and history and temporary files off their machines, and rebooted, and it is still doing the same thing. Any ideas?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X