X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neocorteqz
    replied
    Originally posted by ivibe
    I've never once seen the back button work, ever.
    Well i have. So it works for some, and not others.

I for one have never had a problem with hitting the back button.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If its an intermitant issue, its somthing on your end, or the servers end.

Depending on what method you use to post in, be it the wysiwyg edtior or the standard editor, will depending on if your data is there when you hit back.

An IE only option is not a way to go IMO due to the fact, not everyone uses IE and more and more everyday people are switching to somthing else.(I am aware you said windows, but I do not believe that Firefox under windows would act quite the same)

What about our mac users who use option a and option p ? or our linux users for that matter too.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is a browser issue and we cannot control what info the browser retains. The only thing within your control (other than saving what you are writing and making sure you click on the 'Remember me' option when logging in) is to increase the cookie timeout value.

Leave a comment:

• wi11ie
    replied
    Originally posted by ivibe
    Hello all. I just got hit again on a problem that comes from time to time, and it's a real killer.

I just typed a huge message at my forum, maybe 6 paragraphs, and went to post it. Normally in these cases I use CTRL-A to select all, then CTRL-C to keep a "local copy" just incase the transmission fails, which it did.

However, in this case, I did not use CTRL-A and CTRL-C to keep a local copy. Now I have to re-type the whole damn thing again. THIS IS A HUGE PAIN and i've seen it happen from time to time. And, you can't use the back option on your browser. It brings up and empty post. I am, at this time, very angry!!!!!

Is there any way to add an option to vbulletin where the message is copied to the user's local windows clipboard incase the upload fails?

If not, and perhaps even if, I'd like to add a warning right on the user post page that says:

"Before sending your message, ALWAYS use CTRL-A to select all and CTRL-C to copy it into your clipboard BEFORE you send it. If the message is lost on transmission, all you'll have to do is make a new post and press CTRL-V to paste your entire message again. This is needed only in rare cases, but it does happen from time to time. It's good practice to always CTRL-A then CTRL-C before you press "submit"

Any thoughts, suggestions, answers from staff at vbulletin? i can't be the only one this happens to, on average, say 1 out of 100 posts.

LET'S FIX THIS ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!

and now i will CTRL-A and CTRL-C to have this whole thing backed up!!!!!
    I tend to write long posts in Notepad then copy and paste them to the thread

Leave a comment:

• ivibe
    replied
    I've never once seen the back button work, ever. This is a problem that must be fixed. I don't care if i have to put a warning in straight text to the left of the submit button that explains to CTRL-A and CTRL-C as a failsafe. Who can tell me where and how to modify what PHP file to put some new text to the left of the submit button? Or, even better, to fix this problem entirely?

Leave a comment:

• Neocorteqz
    replied
    Most of the time, the back button does work.

Leave a comment:

• ivibe
    replied
    glad to see i'm not the only one, and i mean that in the nicest way, not that i'm glad your messages got dropped also!

Maybe vbulletin can open a backup window, copy the post there, and then when the message is received, it can close the back up window? and if the message gets dropped, it can resubmit automatically?

For me i don't mind the problem, I will now and forever more use CTRL-A and CTRL-C before i send so i can, if necessary, use CTRL-V to paste it again. But, it's even worse that i know my own customers on my own vB can have this happen to them.

Let's fix this sucker, it's almost the worst thing that can happen to a post, to disappear into the ether!!!!!!!

i am still so pissed about this i have not re-typed my orginal post that got lost. the very thought makes me sick, at least at present.

totally unnecessary suffering!
    Last edited by ivibe; Sun 20 Mar '05, 7:55pm.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph777
    replied
    I think it is when you go past your cookie time-out time typing a post. I have also had this happen a few times. Very upsetting...

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    It happens to me once in a while, usually when my DSL goes dead.

Leave a comment:

• ivibe
    started a topic Urgent Message!!! Dropped Posts!!!

Urgent Message!!! Dropped Posts!!!

Hello all. I just got hit again on a problem that comes from time to time, and it's a real killer.

I just typed a huge message at my forum, maybe 6 paragraphs, and went to post it. Normally in these cases I use CTRL-A to select all, then CTRL-C to keep a "local copy" just incase the transmission fails, which it did.

However, in this case, I did not use CTRL-A and CTRL-C to keep a local copy. Now I have to re-type the whole damn thing again. THIS IS A HUGE PAIN and i've seen it happen from time to time. And, you can't use the back option on your browser. It brings up and empty post. I am, at this time, very angry!!!!!

Is there any way to add an option to vbulletin where the message is copied to the user's local windows clipboard incase the upload fails?

If not, and perhaps even if, I'd like to add a warning right on the user post page that says:

"Before sending your message, ALWAYS use CTRL-A to select all and CTRL-C to copy it into your clipboard BEFORE you send it. If the message is lost on transmission, all you'll have to do is make a new post and press CTRL-V to paste your entire message again. This is needed only in rare cases, but it does happen from time to time. It's good practice to always CTRL-A then CTRL-C before you press "submit"

Any thoughts, suggestions, answers from staff at vbulletin? i can't be the only one this happens to, on average, say 1 out of 100 posts.

LET'S FIX THIS ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!

and now i will CTRL-A and CTRL-C to have this whole thing backed up!!!!!