Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rh2004
    replied
    OK I have this running with no problems for a number of days where only staff know
    it is there online, but when I launch it back into the real world it goes down

What can I do, I am very disappointed that someone is bringing it down everynight

Leave a comment:

• pieman666
    replied
    Originally posted by rh2004
    No other ideas.. anyone

I will move it back to my dedicated another day, can someone just confirm that when I disable the board it will stop the cron's running etc, I mean when I just hit 'run now' they run fine in a few seconds.
    You could always rename cron.php to crondis.php for the short time while your board is disabled....

Leave a comment:

• rh2004
    replied
    I don't I am just pointing it out.

I cannot tell if the traffic goes up, I have asked for the logs to be looked at

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Icheb, not true, someone could be attacking his site.
    Which is why my very first question was "Does your traffic usage also go up during that time?" .

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If you are on a shared host, how do you have access specificly to thoughs WHM functions?

I am confused @[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• rh2004
    replied
    CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage would show the account usage

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    How do you know specificly it is your account?

There is no way to tell....

Leave a comment:

• rh2004
    replied
    Because its always my account which is using the high load, cp updates and backup's don't use 50-90 of a server CPU

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You said you are on a shared server, correct? If so, then how do you know there are no cron jobs runnning duriing this time. Many hosts (the good ones) run daily backup scripts for instance.

Leave a comment:

• rh2004
    replied
    No other ideas.. anyone

I will move it back to my dedicated another day, can someone just confirm that when I disable the board it will stop the cron's running etc, I mean when I just hit 'run now' they run fine in a few seconds.

Leave a comment:

• rh2004
    replied
    OK but I have the site running ok here for 2 nights on another server with no users using it.

It also did happen before moving

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Icheb, not true, someone could be attacking his site.

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    You said you changed hosts in two days. Did this also happen before moving servers? If not, it's probably the server itself. If yes and you only moved vB to the new server, then it has to be within vB.

Leave a comment:

• bglynn
    replied
    Check your server for rootkits.

Leave a comment:

• rh2004
    replied
    Originally posted by Icheb
    From my understanding this happened before and after moving servers, so it would have to be within vB itself somewhere and that lead me to the vB cronjobs.
    Any idea how this was fixed

If I was to turn the board off would it stop all updates, cron-wise?
    Last edited by rh2004; Mon 21 Mar '05, 4:12am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X