Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added new smilies - now guests can't see use them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added new smilies - now guests can't see use them!

One of my moderators added new smilies and now the guests (unregistered users) can't see any smilies...what happened

To clarify... the moderator removed all of the default smilies and added custom ones. Prior to doing that however, the guests (unregistered users) could see and use the default smilies and now can't. Any ideas on what may have happened?
    Last edited by slipperypearls; Fri 18 Mar '05, 4:17pm.

Comment

What's the URL to your forums and which forum do you allow guests to post in?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        What's the URL to your forums and which forum do you allow guests to post in?
        http://forums.hitzrus.net and the guests are allowed to post in all of the forums.

Comment

I tried to post as a Guest and it wouldn't let me:
          1. That username is already in use. If you are Unregistered and you have forgotten your password, click here.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried to post as a Guest and it wouldn't let me:
            1. That username is already in use. If you are Unregistered and you have forgotten your password, click here.
            When you post as a guest it automatically says "unregistered" but someone registered the name "unregistered" so you have to type something else in the username in order to post as a guest.

Comment

And which specific smilies are guests now allowed to use? I was able to use a smilie just fine:

http://forums.hitzrus.net/showthread...2627#post82627

Note, Guests will not see the clickable smilies because without an account they cannot enable WYSIWYG.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Note, Guests will not see the clickable smilies because without an account they cannot enable WYSIWYG.
                Okay, that answers my question. Thank you.

Comment

Hello.

Based on this thread, can someone register the username, 'guest' (e.g. in v.3.0.9) or should it be added in "Illegal User Names" in 'User Registration Options'?

Thanks.

Comment

The username 'Guest' is not blocked automatically.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve.

If I add it to the "Illegal User Names" list, do you foresee any problem for 'Guests' anywhere in the board?

Comment

It should work fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X