E-mail Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail Issue

I recently installed vBulletin 3.0.7 and the forums are working correctly. The only issue I have is that the forum e-mail system is really slow. For instance, when a user registers it takes approximately one hour for the e-mail to reach them. The same thing happens if I send a test e-mail from the Diagnostics menu as well. I have tried sending mail to the mail server and from the mail server outside of the fourms e-mail system and the mail goes through almost instantly. I have tried setting the mailqueue to no and lowered the batch e-mail setting to 1. Also, I have tried enabling the -f option in the server settings as well. Any suggestions?

If turning off the mail queue doesn't solve this, then it's a server issue. vB sends the email to the server immediately. What the server does with it is beyond vB's control.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Spinarooni. I have the exact same problem (only I have vb 3.0.6), could you please tell me abit about how you solved it? Did you just tweak sendmail or reinstall it? I know restarting it didnt help

Have looked into installing qmail, but if a simple tweak is enough, it would be helpful.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X