Upgrade Notice on VBAdvanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Notice on VBAdvanced

On VBAdvanced, when you first register, there is a notice at the top of the page stating that you have not yet upgraded your account in Red, how can I add that to my site.

Currently, anyone can register and then they are thrown into the Coppa Group until they submit a resume for approval with a 45 day limit before being banned.

I want all the people waiting in Coppa to get an Upgrade Notice like the VBAdvanced and I want it to be in Red Writing like theirs too.

Any help with the templates and what I need to do?

We do not provide support for hacks here. Try asking at the vBAdvanced forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

uh, I don't think it is a Hack. It wouldn't be any different than when they helped me here to change coding so that I could put a banner in the middle of the site. I think you might have read it wrong.

Or, maybe it is, I'll ask over there too, I guess.

Comment

Sorry but you are wrong. vBAdvanced is a hack and we do not provide official support for hacks and hacked forums.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          We do not provide support for hacks here. Try asking at the vBAdvanced forums.
          I think I know what he's talking about.

there was a Template mod posted here that showed how to create a Notice at the top of the forums for COPPA/Unverified members.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101595

Comment

He is requesting a little help with adding text to a template and citing the vBAdvanced forums as an example. He is not saying he is having a problem with vBAdvanced or anything like that.

Headrat, the example below uses the default usergroup id for the coppa usergroup, which is 4. You may need to change this to suit your own group.
            I've not got an account on vBA forums, so I don't know exactly what theirs looks like, but this should do.

I would place the following at the very bottom of the [i]navbar[i] template:

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == 4"><div style="text-align:center;color:#FF0000;">Your Message Here</div><br /></if>
            [Edit] Nuts, too slow[/Edit]

Comment

Thanks for straightening that out and helping me. Also, can I put more than one of those in that template? One for the Coppas and one for the people awaiting email confirmation?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadRat
                Thanks for straightening that out and helping me. Also, can I put more than one of those in that template? One for the Coppas and one for the people awaiting email confirmation?
                Sure, you can!.

You can add one for each, i know I have one for Users awaiting email, one for Bannd/Suspended users.

The implimentations are endless.

Comment

Working...
                X