New Install-Issues with avitar and attachment upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Install-Issues with avitar and attachment upload

Hi. Last week I purchased VB3 and easily installed it with no issues. I have not done any hacks or modifications.

However, I have have come across with an issue with uploading avitars and attachements.

I reviewed the manual and verified that the settings are correct, but still cannot upload any attachments (I tried multiple times with different file types, jpeg, .gif and even a very small.txt file) to no avail.

My forumurl is: http://forums.fossilfly.com

Please let me know what has to be done to fix this issue.

Thanks

Charlie
    Murano Glass Forums

Run the Upload Diagnostics and report back the results:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Upload

Also, in the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The results of the test are as follows:

ile_uploads: On open_basedir: None safe_mode: Off upload_tmp_dir: /tmp upload_max_filesize: 10M
      Results Unknown Error

I also enabled the Public phpinfo() Display

Thanks.

Charlie

Murano Glass Forums

Comment

For PHP uploads to work on your FreeBSD server, you need to make sure there is a directory named /tmp and that this directory is chmod'd to 777.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Strike that. I just noticed you are on a Yahoo server.

To fix the file upload problems:
          1. Click on the 'Manage' tab
          2. Click on 'File Manager'
          3. Click on 'Create Subdirectory'
          4. Enter 'tmp' as the subdirectory name and click on 'Create Subdirectory'. Note, this name is case-sensitive so use lower case letters - tmp

To fix potential email problems make sure the Webmaster's email address iin the vBulletin Options is using the same domain name as your forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

worked perfectly!

Thank You!
            Murano Glass Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X