I can't install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't install

I have been trying to install vBulletin but it will not even let me. I enter in the address like it says

http://localhost/forum/install/install.php

and I get the error:

vBulletin 3.0 requires that the MySQL functions in PHP be available. Please ask your host to enable this.
    What is going on? Thanks.

Your PHP is not compiled with MySQL support. You need to recompile PHP with this support. For more specific instructions, try the PHP home page:

http://www.php.net/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How do I get a php compiler? I have read this article already http://www.php.net/mysql and it doesn't mean a thing to me. I read it 3 times and I'm even more confused now. I called the bestbuy and they don't sell a php compiler.

btw what is a php compiler? I have installed php and mysql already.

thanks

Comment

How did you install PHP to begin with?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have downloaded the latest version from that php website, and double click on the windows installer. I click "Next" and then it said "Install Complete" I opened a *php file in internet explorere and it works fine, and displays the page, but the *.php files are still all "unknown file type".

ps I also use mysql administrator and that works fine, i can create a new database dbvbulletin already.

Comment

You need a lot more help setting up your server than I can provide. I suggest posting in the Server Configuration forum and asking for help installing your web server, PHP and MySQL.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have just upgrade from php5 to php4 and now it works fine.

I am on the next step now it give another error:

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\db_mysql.php on line 140
              The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I have checked and everything is correct in php file, I copy the stuff right out of the file and paste into mysql admin and they work just fine, what i need to configure now?

i already haver permission and they are correct.

thanks.

Comment

This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$servername (except in rare cases, this should almost always be left as 'localhost')
                $dbusername
                $dbpassword
                $dbname

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create or access a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it.

3. Or you are running MySQL 4.1.x. As of MySQL 4.1.X there is a new password hashing system. PHP4 does not have builtin support for it as of yet, however PHP5 does. In order for your old PHP4 MySQL clients to be able to connect to the MySQL 4.1.X database you need to set an OLD_PASSWORD. You should be able to run the following Query to make it possible for PHP4 to access the MySQL 4.1.X database.
                SET PASSWORD FOR 'username'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('password');

More info is here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/up...-from-4-0.html

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X