X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you followed a valid link

Some users of my forum complain about this error
    when they press to open any main forum they git this msg :
    No Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

this error doesn't come all the time to them .
    and also happened with clicking on any thread .

I set with one user and I found when he opened the main page for forum and when he put the mouse over the link for any forum , the link comes with out the number of this forum
    like this : http://www.mydomain/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=

Is there any body any idea about this issue .or this bug

for information ,, last week I moved to new server and I upgraded to 3.0.7

regards
    Kuwait sun

The first step is to make sure the template bit producing the output has a line similar to the following in it.

<a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]">$forum[title]</a>

The second step is to make sure the associated php file (ex: index.php for forumhome) isn't hacked.
    House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

I checked first step and second one
      I'm sure they are OK

This problem hepened only with few members and at some time .
      this is strange really .

maybe support have an answer for that .
      Kuwait sun

Comment

Since this is something that cannot be reproduced and only happens intermittently with some users, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilites are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, and any other application that affects Internet content.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sounds like a dropped packet or something. Not much one can do about that. You might try checking your routers MTU (maximum tranission units) settings if you have access.
          House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X