How do I resend validation emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I resend validation emails?

I have a member who didn't get her validation email (I am sure this has to do with entering the wrong email, but I want to be able to tell her that) so I want to resend the validation email. Is there an easy way to do this?

Originally posted by flamyngo
    I have a member who didn't get her validation email (I am sure this has to do with entering the wrong email, but I want to be able to tell her that) so I want to resend the validation email. Is there an easy way to do this?
    If you activated 'new member moderation' they will not receive an email when their account has been activated. If there is a way to change this, I'd love to know how.

Richard.

Comment

There is an option to resent the activation email in the Quick User Links drop-down box in the member profile in the Admin CP.

They can use this link to get the activation email again:

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/regist...o=requestemail
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, thanks so much... if you ever need anything scrapbooked, you just let me know

(hehe I swear I am better at that than at this forum!)

Comment

under users I found the option to send a mass email, but not the option to find the people needing validation to resend it?

ugh I feel so blind!

Comment

This option is in the in the Quick User Links drop-down box in the member profile in the Admin CP.

However it will only appear if the user is in the User Awaiting group.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there a way to resend all who havent confirmed? We have about 50 members in the users awaiting email validation group

Comment

You can send a mass email to the 'Users Awaiting' group and use $activatelink in the body of the message.

Admin CP -> Users -> Send Email to Users

Make sure you only choose the Users Awaiting group.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment