Step 3) Miscellaneous table alterations 3/4
    • Adding Generic Permission 'Can See Hidden Custom Fields'
    • Adding Generic Permission 'Can See Hidden Custom Fields'
    • Increasing storage size of custom profile fields
    • Increasing storage size of custom profile fields
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.0.1:
    Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE userfield CHANGE field2 field2 MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL
    mysql error: BLOB column 'field2' used in key specification without a key length
    mysql error number: 1170
    I left it at this step and see if someone can help me fix it.

Did you manually change the field2 type in the userfield table to 'BLOB'. By default this should be 'mediumtext'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I checked, and on this database it's now set at mediumtext. Field2 is the users location field, typically used to store a city, state, etc. It may of been changed ages ago to support longer text and some code so users may store more information.

Should I try and <- backup to the next step or refresh, or close the browser and start over?

Interesting the production database the field is set to varchar(250). Should I change the field type now?

Thanks for the reply!

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Did you manually change the field2 type in the userfield table to 'BLOB'. By default this should be 'mediumtext'.

Comment

Hmmm...then I don't understand this:

mysql error: BLOB column 'field2' used in key specification without a key length

AFAIK this means that someone manually edited this field or there was a hack installed that changed this. Did you have any hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think the admin manually edited the field to allow for a longer message. No hacks on the user database.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Hmmm...then I don't understand this:

AFAIK this means that someone manually edited this field or there was a hack installed that changed this. Did you have any hacks?
          Last edited by TundraSoul; Sat 12 Mar '05, 12:18pm.

Comment

What do you mean 'no hacks on the user database'? Does this mean you did install hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X