Two Administrators w/ control panel access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Administrators w/ control panel access

I'm trying to give another user admin control panel access but when I log in under their account, the control panel is really limited as far as options go.

I've tried giving that user access via the usergroups (admin and super mod w/ access to the admin control panel) and still get the same limited panel.

How can I give him the same access and controls that I have?

You have to be setup as a SUPERADMIN (setting in config.php file). Then you can add permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
      You have to be setup as a SUPERADMIN (setting in config.php file). Then you can add permissions.
      How do I do this?

Comment

edit the config.php file on your server. In the section for "superadministrator", insert your USERID (not username), save the file, and jump back into the AdminCP. All done.

Comment

Last question..

Do I set myself up as the superadmin or the user I want to have a mirror account of mine (userid 1 aka admin)?

Comment

Originally posted by Seiken2099
            Last question..

Do I set myself up as the superadmin or the user I want to have a mirror account of mine (userid 1 aka admin)?
            you should be super admin.

Then go to the admincp and 'find user' for the other admin.
            Select 'Edit Administrator Permissions' from the quick user links dropdown menu.
            Check things you want them to be able to control
            'save'

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X