Adding HTML in admin's sig only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding HTML in admin's sig only

I'm wanting to add HTML for only my signature (as admin). How can I go about doing this?

Likewise, members on my forum have a character limit in place on their sigs. Since I will be using HTML on mine, I don't want the character limit to strip the code.

Any advice of how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

SIG-line permissions are usergroup-specific. Use the Usergroup Manager.

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. I looked there first, but I only saw options for turning sigs on or off for each usergroup, not for turning HTML in sigs on or off for each group. All members use vCode (without images) right now. I want to change only the admin sig preferences to HTML and leave all others as is with vCode only.

Comment

I get it. I don't think you can do that. There IS a hack to allow HTML *in general* by usergroup. You can shut off HTML for everything on your board, then install the hack and select usergroup=6 (admins) for allowing HTML (in sigs AND posts). That'll do what you want.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'd love to see HTML enabled by usergroup (preferably on posts or sigs) in future official releases of vBulletin. I try to stay away from installing hacks if at all possible.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X