links in email notifications not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• links in email notifications not working

I recently setup vbulletin to send e-mail notifications any time a new thread is posted. The e-mails come though just fine, but when I click on the link to go to the thread, the page that loads has no thread. It loads all the vbulletin stuff (though some of it is incorrect), but no thread.

An example:
    go here and browse into the forums to see how things are supposed to look.
    now go here to see a thread from an e-mail notification

Notice how the header banner things at the top are different. The banner in the first link (the working thread) is the current updated one. The one in the second link is older and I though it had been replaced. It seems this happens anytime a person is directed to a thread without browsing into the forums... if that makes any sense.

Any thoughts/tips?
    Last edited by jacksonpt; Thu 10 Mar '05, 11:29am.

the thread from the email notification one has /index.php/ in the link, is your forum home page url set properly in the admincp? :/
    Last edited by Beav; Thu 10 Mar '05, 12:14pm.
    [ Team Gaming Network ]

Comment

Why in the world would INDEX.PHP be in a filepath?

Comment

Originally posted by Beav
        the thread from the email notification one has /index.php/ in the link, is your forum home page url set properly in the admincp? :/
        ah, I see it... I'll take a look...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X