Safe Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe Mode

My host has suddenly changed to safe mode due to hacking attampts, but now files wont attach anymore... Is there anyway to get around this? I tried chmodding the attachments directory and subdirectories to 777 but it still doesnt work...

You will need to move the attachments back into the database.

Comment

I did that, and now ive lost all my attachments New attachments work, but all the old ones have gone. Have they gone forever?

Comment

Is there no solution?

Comment

The file system option does not work with safe mode enabled. When your host changed this, it probably kept you from moving the attachments back to the database. Ask then to temporarily turn off safe mode so you can move these back.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

They changed safe mode off, but the only option in vB now is to transfer the database to file system, not the other way around. I can see that the files are still in ftp, but they have 0 byte file size.. What can I do?
            Last edited by Cloud Strife; Sat 2 Apr '05, 5:23am.

Comment

And what is the current problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok.. The attachments system is now the mySQL database (as Zachary told me to do), however, the attachments didnt actually move to the database, (new attachments work, but old attachments eg txt files come up blank). In the ftp when I look at the attachments forlder, I see files, however thy all have zero file size.

Comment

It sounds like those attachments are lost. I really don't know why that happened or what can be done about it. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X