Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am allowing people to upload or enter URL's for custom avatars.

I have the folders set to the appropriate permissions on the web server and I have the user's permissions setup properly (at least I think I do).

When you select the "Use Custom Avatar" radio button and then attempt to either enter the url or upload an avatar the following happens:

The page refreshes like it updates the profile and uploads the avatar. But when the page reloads, it defaults back to "Do Not use an avatar" and the custom options are never used.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks!

Looking at the upload diagnostics I get this:

file_uploads:On
    open_basedir:None
    safe_mode:Off
    upload_tmp_dir:None
    upload_max_filesize:2M

Results The attached file's temporary location (C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php1C2.tmp) could not be found. The test cannot continue.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

upload_tmp_dir MUST be set in the windows enviroment for file uploads to work, you should contact your host.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        upload_tmp_dir MUST be set in the windows enviroment for file uploads to work, you should contact your host.
        I'm the host, so I'll take care of it. If I continue to have problems I'll post here.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DWillis
          I'm the host, so I'll take care of it. If I continue to have problems I'll post here.

Thanks!
          That did the trick. Thanks! Guess I need to read up a bit more on the php setup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X