Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help MYSQL error when a user tries to post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help MYSQL error when a user tries to post.

For the past 20 minutes or so I am getitng this mysql error when users try to post

REPLACE INTO postindex
    (wordid, postid, score, intitle)
    VALUES
    (687, 263535, 1, 1), (3593, 263535, 1, 1), (9472, 263535, 1, 1), (678, 263535, 1, 1), (679, 263535, 1, 1), (1, 263535, 1, 0)

mysql error: Incorrect information in file: './hardwaregeeks_com/postindex.frm'

mysql error number: 1033

Hmmm...I've never seen this one before. Try this. Run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

When I run the repair I get all tables ok except Post Index which gives me this error

postindex Check Error: Incorrect information in file: './hardwaregeeks_com/postindex.frm'

posthash Optimize Status: Table is already up to date
      postindex Check Error: Incorrect information in file: './hardwaregeeks_com/postindex.frm'
      postindex
      probreport Check Status: OK

Comment

Run repair again until the postindex table reports OK.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OMG I think i found the fix although not fixed yet.

the server for some reason is reporting 100% full
          but there really is 3GB of space available. not sure whats up with that. Host is trying to correct now. If that doesn't fix it I will come back and post.

Comment

Note in order for repair to fix the table it first must make a backup of it. Therefore the server needs to have enough space (probably in it's tmp partition) to hold a backup of this table. In general the server needs to have 2.5 -3 times the amount of free space as the largest table. Obviously the larger the table, the more space required.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Nope the space wasn't the problem and I have run the repair 30 odd times now.

When someone post. They get the following MYSQL Error

Invalid SQL:
              REPLACE INTO postindex
              (wordid, postid, score, intitle)
              VALUES
              (687, 263546, 1, 1), (3593, 263546, 1, 1), (9472, 263546, 1, 1), (678, 263546, 1, 1), (679, 263546, 1, 1), (1, 263546, 1, 0)

mysql error: Incorrect information in file: './hardwaregeeks_com/postindex.frm'

mysql error number: 1033

but if they hit the back button and and refresh the page the post they posted is there.

The host looked in the postindex.frm file and it's empty. Is there a way to rebuild it?
              Last edited by Hardwaregeeks; Mon 7 Mar '05, 5:29pm.

Comment

Hello Steve, we're having this issue @ hardwaregeeks.com. Can you think of anything else that could be causing this error? As mentioned in the post above, the repair hasn't fixed the postindex.frm file no matter how many times it was run.
                Admin @ HardwareGeeks.com

Comment

It's strange that the form file (postindex.frm) is affected. Which version of vB are you riunning? Have you installed any hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

We are using 3.03. We were going to upgrade to 3.07 later this week. I guess we should of sooner.

The only hacks installed are the Virtua News hack and Arcade. But we didn't have any trouble with any until today.

Host tried to restore with a backup but that did not work either. Right now my only option has been to disable posting and I am contemplating installing the forum in a new directory and start from scratch. Leaving the old forum as an archive.

Hmm I wonder if that will violate any license agreement.

Comment

You could drop the postindex table, then recreate it. I would empty the searchindex first in update counters.

If you want to do this, first make a backup of your database, then run this query (assuming no table prefix):

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `postindex`;
                      CREATE TABLE postindex (
                      wordid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                      postid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                      intitle SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                      score SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                      UNIQUE KEY wordid (wordid, postid)
                      );

You WILL need to rebuild your search index after doing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

will try that now.

Comment

Hi sorry for not replying sooner.

Just wanted to update. This at first didn't work. The postindex table would drop and then after about 3 minutes it would say in use and the mysql error poped up again. After an entire night of both my host and myself trying to figure out what was wrong we discoved that phpMyAdmin had some vulnerability in it. We patched and then droped the table and recreated it again and this time it works

So after the phpMyAdmin vulnerability was patched the problem was fixed with the sql code you provided. Thank you very much sir.

We have a new problem though. People are able to post but if it goes to a new page the new page is displayed in the nav but the person is still on the previous page. However when they click to go to the new page it doesn't work. I think I just have to update the counters etc. Host just took down the server to add some security patches. When it comes back up I will do that and see if that fixes that problem.
                          Last edited by Hardwaregeeks; Wed 9 Mar '05, 12:25pm.

Comment

Yup the updating counters fixed that problem. Thanks again Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              You could drop the postindex table, then recreate it. I would empty the searchindex first in update counters.

If you want to do this, first make a backup of your database, then run this query (assuming no table prefix):

CREATE TABLE postindex (
                              UNIQUE KEY wordid (wordid, postid)
                              );

You WILL need to rebuild your search index after doing this.
                              I have just done a search and found this thread with my exact problem... I've made it up to this step in the quote.... but I get the same error I do when people are trying to post or reply to threads as I do when I "Empty the Search Index"

I get the same "mysql error number: 1033"

And then the information afterwards I don;t understand what you are saying to do here

"
                              CREATE TABLE postindex (
                              UNIQUE KEY wordid (wordid, postid)""

Please help me out.....thanx!!!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X