Any way to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to fix this?

When using hybrid/threaded display modes I get a situation from time to time where the window with the threads does not size properly. To see what I'm discussing see the attached screen shot captured from vbulletin.com.

Any idea as to the cause and/or what the fix is? It's certainly possible it's a browser problem I guess as it seems to happen in FF and not IE. It doesn't happen every time though. Just wondering if it might be related to the JS that's generated.
    Attached Files

Which thread on this forum is generating that error? I want to see if I have the problem too.

Comment

In this case it was http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132269

However any of them can (and do) cause it to happen in FF. In fact, it happened again today viewing another thread. I'm on FF 1.0.1 btw.

One of the things that's weird is that starting in hybrid seems to cause it. Change to linear and back to hybrid and it's "fixed".

EDIT: Start your browser session from scratch and have hybird set as your default mode. View a thread and it will be "broken". Switch to linear and back to hybrid and it will be fixed. Opening a new tab and viewing will not cause the problem. It seems necessary to close FF and restart it to exhibit the problem.
      Last edited by tgmorris; Mon 7 Mar '05, 9:50am. Reason: Additional info

Comment

I am not having the problem at the moment.

I have had problems with my forum and FF, where sometimes the legacy userinfo box in posts is stretched too far to the right. Refreshing fixes it. I think FF just has problems sometimes.

Comment

You're too fast! I added a bit more diagnostic stuff to my earlier post.

Comment

Yep, this appears to be a problem with FF.

Comment

That's what I suspected. Off to the FF forums.

Comment

That's what I suspected. Off to the FF forums.

Comment

I know that this is an old thread but I'm still having this same problem but with IE Explorer and with FF. Exactly as you describe it. Did anybody find a fix?

Don
                  http://www.venturerider.org

Comment

I don't know of any fix. If the problem is intermittent, then it's probably a browser problem.

Comment

The problem is not intermittent. I can be repeated at any time by simply doing as was posted by tgmorris.

Don

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X