Banned member able to log in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned member able to log in??

I have a member who uses a static IP and I banned them on Jan. 28 thru Feb. 28th. I did so by adding their user name to the banned users group via the "ban user" option. I also added their static IP in the "user banning options" so that they could not register or post from that IP. Then, I used the IP deny manager on my server control panel.

As of March 1st this member is no longer banned and her member profile now shows up again in the member list. While looking at her member profile I noticed that her last activity was on Feb. 2nd, 5 days after her ban went into effect!

Does banning a member name stop them from logging into that account? And what if prior to her ban she had it set to accept cookies to keep her logged in, would that make a difference?

According to my server stats her static IP didn't access the board at all during the time of her ban. It's possible that she used another IP and that is why I'm asking about her member name showing activity after the date of her ban.

Does banning a member name stop them from logging in under that account?

I have to admit your post is a little confusing to me. Assuming you did not put this account on a temporaty ban, it should have stayed in the banned usergroup.

Something about this doesn't make any sense.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm sorry. I'll try to simplify.

1.) Yes the user was set as a temporary ban Jan. 28th to Feb. 28th

During the time of the ban her username didn't show up in the member list and her username title said "banned".

2.) On March 1st after her ban was lifted her title changed back to what it was prior to the ban, and her username appeared again in the member list showing that her last activity on the board was Feb. 2nd, 5 days into her ban.

Putting aside anything to do with IP's, does banning a user name stop them from logging in under that name, if for no other reason than to check their PM's? The banned user didn't make any new posts during the temporary ban, but it looks like she was at least logged in on Feb. 2nd, is that possible?

Comment

This means she visited the site on Feb 2nd, but got the 'banned' message.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X