Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conditional for when users post to specific forum category?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional for when users post to specific forum category?

Hi All

I have a User Submitted News Forum where I permit (obviously) users to submit news to my site, which then gets displayed on the CMPS portal page. All posts to this category are moderated and need to be validated by a moderator prior to being published.

I am finding that there is submitted news with text like this, and some of it is full of spelling mistakes etc. and needs to be edited by my team prior to being published and presented on the front page of my site. I don't want my mods to have to do this editing of submitted content - the responsibility for QA of the material submitted within the thread lies purely with the submitter.

So, what I am after is this: a small text area/box appearing on the postbit - just above the area for posting - for anyone who posts to this specific forumID explaing the criteria for getting their news published.

I can manage the editing of the posbit or postbit_legacy templates to create the new text area, but how do I check if a new post is being requested in a specific forum and which template do I put the conditional within? (postbit and legacy I presume)

Thanks...
    John

I have discovered that it is not the postbit or postbit_legacy template I need to put the conditional within... but am unable to find out which template I shoudl enter it in.

Does anyone know please..?

I wish to only post a message in the 'New Thread' page if a user is posting to a specific ForumID.

The conditional I think I need to use is;

HTML Code:
    <if condition="$forumid!=11">
       Display additional text message here
    </if>
    Is that conditional correct?
    Last edited by TheMusicMan; Mon 7 Mar '05, 2:29am.
    John

Comment

Sorted... just in case anyone else wishes to use something similar and wants to know how this is done;

Here's the conditional:

HTML Code:
      <if condition="$forumid == (your forumID)">
         Code goes here
      </if>
      And the template to edit to show if a user is attempting to enter a new thread in (your forumID) is 'Newthread'
      John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X