Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please! Database error in vBulletin 3.0.6:

Hi Guys and Girls,

I’ve got what seems to be a big problem!

A few days ago I started having some problems; the first was that when entering the site the front page was unavailable and it showed a box quoting a DB error in vBulletin 3.0.6 Invalid SQL etc. and it said that there was a problem with the calendar.

So, we bypassed that page and went straight into the forum which worked ok.

Then later the days emails disappeared the inbox says that there is a new PM, but there isn’t. Some of the members have received emails from ages ago, they just seemed to have posted themselves. All that’s quietened down now and there’s not been an email issues for a day.

Around the same time (I think) the Calendar becomes unavailable and throws up this message; (This is a new one that I’ve just generated when I went to the calendar.)

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.6:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT calendarpermission.usergroupid, calendarpermission.calendarpermissions,calendar.calendarid,calendar.title, displayorder

FROM vbcalendar AS calendar

LEFT JOIN vbcalendarpermission AS calendarpermission ON (calendarpermission.calendarid=calendar.calendarid AND usergroupid IN(6))

ORDER BY displayorder ASC

mysql error: Unknown column 'calendar.calendarid' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Thursday 03rd of March 2005 05:07:43 PM

Script: http://www.bushcraftuk.net/community/calendar.php?

Referer: http://www.bushcraftuk.net/community/index.php?

Username: Tony

IP Address: 82.69.41.202

Repairs have been run and they say the tables are OK….I’m not fully convinced it’s the DB that’s the problem. I’m running 3.0.6

I’ve had a non mod with calendar mod access, although I’m not sure this would be a problem, I think I read something about this and 3.07 though……not sure.

The DB is about 250mb and the hosts not going to give us Shell access, well probably not as they want us to upgrade to a semi dedicated server.

(any suggestions for a good reasonably priced host that will give me a gig space and say 50gig bandwidth, greatly appreciated, I really need to move!)

Also, can anyone give me a price for having a look? The guys that look after it all are unavailable for a while and it’s quite serious!

Many thanks for any suggestions and help

Tone

It's saying you are missing the calendarid field which is highly unlikely. Have you installed any modifications to your board?
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

getting shellaccess is something i require from a webhost if they refuse i simply go elsewhere it's as simple as that.Most modern hosts allows this however now back ontopic.The error posted says it's missing a field in your database which is verry unlikely since that's a standard vbulletin field. i have the same question as Dean C did you installed any hacks ? (that require modification of calendar.php and others possibly)

Comment

Thanks guys.

No, not that I know of, as I said the people that look after it all for me are unavailable. But I'm quite sure there were no hacks to do with the Calendar.

Cheers
        Tone

Comment

Hi Chaps, any other ideas?

Many thanks
          Tone

Comment

As pointed out earlier you are missing a field in your calendar table. Did you install any hacks? Do you have any other idea what may have happened to delete this field from the db?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              As pointed out earlier you are missing a field in your calendar table. Did you install any hacks? Do you have any other idea what may have happened to delete this field from the db?
              Steve, can the missing field be put back into the db by running an SQL query?

I'm a friend of Tony's (Hi Tone, Martyn here), and I know this is causing him huge headaches.
              BritishBlades :: Cutsom Knives

Comment

Yeah it can. Providing there are no other db issues. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's done, many thanks and I look forward to hearing from support

Cheers Martyn and Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X