Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody help me with a double welcome message for unregistered users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody help me with a double welcome message for unregistered users?

Since my upgrade to 3.07 I seem to be getting two Welcome boxes for new users at http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/ One obviously comes from FORUMHOME but I can figure out where the other one above the navbar is coming from.

HELP!

You have modified the header or navbar template, thats where the code for the welcome message above the navbar is coming from.

Run a search for this:

HTML Code:
    <!-- guest welcome message -->
    This is where the navbar code will be

HTML Code:
    <!-- / guest welcome message -->
    Once you find the code remove it. That will fix the problem.

Comment

wacnstac,

brad is right, you've customized the navbar (or header) template and that is why the default guest welcome message is still appearing double on the forum index page. Following his instructions will get rid of the default one. (The one above the navbar will remain).

I must say I really like your web site. You have a great looking brown-ish/beige-ish design that resembles the color combination of a style I use on my own site, very slick. The welcome message looks very nice there, perhaps I will do that on my own web site too. The content and members of your site seem very nice and you appear to be doing well with sponsors and having over 700.000 posts.

Good luck optimizing your design and community.

Check your privmsg on vBulletin.com here, I have a small offer for you

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. It's a result of lots of hard work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X