Database error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error

I tried everything on these forums regarding this error and nothing has worked. any suggestions? I'll pay someone to fix this too ;-)

<!--Database error in vBulletin :Link-ID == false, connect failedmysql error: mysql error number: 0Date: Monday 28th of February 2005 01:09:55 AMScript: http://www.sternchat.com/Referer: -->

That error suggests there is some incorrect information in your config.php file.

Have you recently changed some aspect of your database?
    Lats...

Comment

Originally posted by Lats
      That error suggests there is some incorrect information in your config.php file.

Have you recently changed some aspect of your database?
      In that case it would never work. I get connect errors once in a while and they are not load related as I would have expected......

Comment

This error means that either the info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums wouldn't work at all) or there is a problem with the MySQL server. If you are sure that the db info is correct then you need to contact your host.

Note, many servers are being probed for the phpBB worm these days and the MySQL server is being overloaded. This could account for these errors.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by GDogX3
          I tried everything on these forums regarding this error and nothing has worked. any suggestions? I'll pay someone to fix this too ;-)

<!--Database error in vBulletin :Link-ID == false, connect failedmysql error: mysql error number: 0Date: Monday 28th of February 2005 01:09:55 AMScript: http://www.sternchat.com/Referer: -->
          I have finally found out what this problem is and I've a feeling it will affect A LOT OF PEOPLE so please pass it on.

This error was caused (on my 2003 server) by a Microsoft hot fix that was installed on the 17th February 2005. It is the last security hotfix that was sent out, I'm sorry but I didn't get the code before uninstalling it (I was as desperate as you are) but take a look in the Event Log and I'm sure that you'll see it. If you don't have admin access to your server, you'll have to ask your ISP to uninstall it for you.

Let me know if it fixes it for you too.

Comment

Working...
          X