Cloning threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloning threads

I'd like to be able to clone a thread into another forum. I know I can copy the thread, but then there's two independent copies of the thread - replies to the thread in Forum A won't be seen in Forum B and vice-versa.

For example, I'd like to create an instance of a thread originally posted in "Culture" to be in the "News". It's still a single thread, but can be read/replied to from multiple forums.

Haven't yet found anything in my searches here. If you know of any posts related to this, or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Move it to the other forum, and tell it to leave a redirect in the original forum.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
      Move it to the other forum, and tell it to leave a redirect in the original forum.
      Hrm. That's an idea. The thread navigation is "broken" at that point, though. If the reader started out in "Culture" and reads a thread that was moved to "News", then "Next Thread" moves them to the next thread in "News" not in "Culture".

Ultimately, I'd like to show selected threads on the home page. I'm trying to use the vBa CMPS news module to do so, but so far it only displays threads in "News", hence my original Q about cloning. I don't need the user to be able to move around threads in "News", but I want to duplicate articles (and replies) there...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X