Can I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I do this?

We have a lot of personal pictures on our web site and I wanted to know, instead of password protecting that section can I add a script that will prevent unauthorized copying of photos?

"The cut and paste option has been disabled for the protection of our members."

There is no way to ensure that users can't copy images on a page. Basically, if they can view an image in their browser, then there is a way to copy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      There is no way to ensure that users can't copy images on a page. Basically, if they can view an image in their browser, then there is a way to copy it.
      Okay, but do you think one of those scripts designed to keep people from copying pictures will work within the program?

Comment

Originally posted by lefthome
        Okay, but do you think one of those scripts designed to keep people from copying pictures will work within the program?
        I doubt it, but I am not familiar with any of those programs so I can't know for sure.

Comment

thanks. Did you see my other question regarding changing colors

Comment

Originally posted by lefthome
            thanks. Did you see my other question regarding changing colors
            Nope. What's the question?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Nope. What's the question?
              here is the link: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131180

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X