PDF uploads not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF uploads not working

I've got my forum set to allow .pdf uploads, (I think...).

However, when a user uploads the file, it only shows up as a red x, like a missing image. Is there something I need to activate or do to provide support for pdf's?

You need to upload an image named pdf.gif to the images/attach directory. This image will represent PDF attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      You need to upload an image named pdf.gif to the images/attach directory. This image will represent PDF attachments.
      That's apparently not the problem. I've checked, and the pdf.gif image is there.

Here's the thread in question:
      http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4615

Comment

You are trying to create thumbnails of a pdf file which is impossible. Makes sure you disable the option to generate thumbnails for pdf files in your admincp
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
          You are trying to create thumbnails of a pdf file which is impossible. Makes sure you disable the option to generate thumbnails for pdf files in your admincp

That's what I thought was happening. I can't figure out where to turn off thumbnails for pdf files though, can you be a bit more specific on how to do that please?

Comment

What MIME type do you have set for PDF files?

Should be: Content-type: application/pdf
            vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
              What MIME type do you have set for PDF files?

Should be: Content-type: application/pdf
              That's exactly what it says, the file size is set to 2560000, extension is pdf and the "enabled" button is checked. If there's a "make thumbnail" option I certainly can't find it...

Comment

Anyone got any further suggestions?

Comment

Create a new style, with no parent. (Basically, a default VB3 style.) View the site using that style and see if it does the same.
                  vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

What exactly is the problem? Is it that you are getting a broken image when attaching PDF files?

The only broken image that can possibly be displayed for PDF attachments is the one described in my post. If that doesn't fix it, then you might have a style or file problem. I can examine these possibilities if you send me a PM with a URL and admin login to your forum, and a FTP login to your server. I will also need your permission to uplooad the original PHP files.

Comment

In the link he posted above, it's trying to show the PDF as an attached thumbnail/image. That's why I suggested he try a default style, since his appears to be customized.

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
                        In the link he posted above, it's trying to show the PDF as an attached thumbnail/image. That's why I suggested he try a default style, since his appears to be customized.
                        Yes, that's a possibility.

Comment