need advice, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice, please

Hello, due to some Traditional Chinese characters would come up with a mess, I found the solution so far is to disable this line of code in poll.php " $options["$counter"] = str_replace('|', ' | ', $options["$counter"]); "
    Wolud that cause a big or fatal problem to the whole forum function?
    Sorry for asking that, there seems no way to work out with our Chinese problems now
    Some Chinese characters would become to this way "?|" when they are in the text of poll's options, and if I disable this line of code the problem would be fixed.

thanks

Originally posted by yesonline
    Hello, due to some Traditional Chinese characters would come up with a mess, I found the solution so far is to disable this line of code in poll.php " $options["$counter"] = str_replace('|', ' | ', $options["$counter"]); "
    Wolud that cause a big or fatal problem to the whole forum function?
    Sorry for asking that, there seems no way to work out with our Chinese problems now
    Some Chinese characters would become to this way "?|" when they are in the text of poll's options, and if I disable this line of code the problem would be fixed.

thanks
    I think it's really a bug. But actually it's a bug of Big5 encoding.
    the solution is replacing the line with
    PHP Code:
    $options["$counter"] = str_replace('|||'''$options["$counter"]); 
    You may report it to the bug tracker.

Regards,
    Xiaoyu

Comment

thanks, I've already got your solution at vbulletin-chinese.com
      but it seems that your current solution is different from your solution at vbulletin-chinese.com?

Comment

Working...
      X