FROM field in 'Send Email to Users'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FROM field in 'Send Email to Users'

Instead of putting my plain email address ([email protected]) in the FROM field of this form for users to see in their email client, is it possible to have a nice Forum Title display as per the welcome email.

I've had a good seatrch in the archives and found nothing. Also tried using things along the lines of 'Forum Title [mailto:[email protected]]' but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

C:

Something like this should work:

Code:
    "YOUR FORUM NAME" <[email protected]>

Comment

Thanks Jake, I tried that but still can't get it too work

In the 'Send Email To User' screen I entered the following in the 'From' field: -
      Code:
      "My Forum" <[email protected]>
      ...and got the following in my Outlook Inbox:-
      Code:
      ""My Forum" <[email protected]>" <"My Forum"
      Any ideas how to make the 'From' field in Outlook appear correctly formatted when sending emails using this method?

NOTE: All the other emails generated by vBulletin work fine, (eg 'New User at My Forum', Welcome emails etc.).

C:

Comment

::Bump...

Any ideas ?
        I've tried various combinations in the FROM field but still can't get a nicely formatted Subject field in Outlook.

C:

Comment

Oh that form. The email is automatically used as the name. You would need to modify the code to change this. I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Looking at the code for function vbmail in functions.php, it appears to accept a blank 'From' field and uses the default administrator and board title.

I've just tested this and sure enough leaving the 'From' field blank (delete the default email address vb puts in for you) results in a lovely formatted email exactly as I wanted.

C:

Comment

Working...
            X