Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0.7->Other template not taken by default

Hi all,

I'm just installed Vb 3.0.7 (new installation, no upgrade).

My problem (tested with other guys, same thing..) :

- When I'm in ACP --> Options Vbulletin --> Style & languages -> Style by default, I had tried to change DefaultStyle by other one, no problem for validate changes, BUT in forum home, no changes, template still same..

When I try to authorize members to change template, same results..

have you feedback about similar problem..?

Best regards

Finereader

In your style manager, are you sure that you've made the skin active? Is the checkbox ticked?

Comment

Hello Dcarr,

Yes it's ticked, I said i'm not alone to have seen this problem.

You haven't this problem with fresh install of 3.0.7 ?

Comment

Are you using FireFox by any chance? Some FF extensions cause problems with the vB Admin CP.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nop Steve, i'm using Internet Explorer 6 ;-)

Comment

Hmmm...I have no probblems with IE and vB 3.0.7. Have you installed any hacks (including portals)?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I did an upgrade, not a fresh install..I haven't seen this problem. Sorry..if something comes up, I'll let you know.

Comment

Go into your usercp and set the style to the forum default, theres a good chance your cookie has gone bad and the stylid isn't picking up

Comment

Hello all !!

i found the problem !

It seems that "Cinq Vbarticle" hack be the origin of problem.

When I install a fresh version of Vb 3.0.7 with same template, no problem.

I install 5 Vbarticle, and the problem appears..

what do you think about ? i will ask Cinq for that..

Comment

The articles hack won't be doing anything along those lines.

Installing 5 of them though...that might...

P.S : There is an important distinction between 'templates' and 'styles'.

A style is the entire collection of templates plus the css plus other things.
                    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

so i don't understand where is the problem.. but i think strange that the problem appears after CINQ vb article hack, and not only after fresh install of vb..?

I verify each line of modifications in files when I install a hack..

Anyone have X-FILES theme song....? lool

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X