Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when a leased license expires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when a leased license expires?

I'm curious. Does it display a message on the header/footer saying "renew license" or some other nagging message?

A few weeks before the license expires the license holder will receive an email to inform him about the expiry date and give the options.

The license will be set to expired in the members area and new files can't be downloaded. The user won't see his admincp or database or forum disappear. No worries.

If the user doesn't renew the license or upgrade to a owned license he/she has to stop using vBulletin, which we will check.

Comment

Ah ok. I was worried it would lock out the forums or something. If you purchase a Owner License a year down the road, am I gonna have to reinstall the forums or is it seamless?

Comment

I think that really depends, on if you get a new License number
        http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

I hope not!

Comment

Originally posted by Seiken2099
            Ah ok. I was worried it would lock out the forums or something. If you purchase a Owner License a year down the road, am I gonna have to reinstall the forums or is it seamless?
            I have two full licences. I purchased my first several months ago, and my second recently. I was able to add my new licence to the same account my old licence is tied to, so I trust that if you go from a leased to an owner licence, you will have no problems.

Comment

Working...
            X