T-String Error While Updating Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-String Error While Updating Template

While changing the template for article_edit in v3articles, I encountered the following error:

The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/gh/public_html/discuss/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3054) : eval()'d code on line 271

This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.
    I was forced to revert the file so it would work again. Line 271 is:

PHP Code:
    $queryJoin "\nLEFT JOIN " TABLE_PREFIX "template AS t$i ON (t1.title=t$i.title AND t$i.styleid=$setid)$queryJoin"

PHP Code:
        $parents explode(','$style['parentlist']);

$i sizeof($parents);

$totalparents $i;
        foreach(
    $parents AS $setid)
        {
            if (
    $setid != -1)
            {

$querySele ",\nt$i.templateid AS templateid_$i, t$i.title AS title$i, t$i.styleid$querySele";

$queryJoin "\nLEFT JOIN " TABLE_PREFIX "template AS t$i ON (t1.title=t$i.title AND t$i.styleid=$setid)$queryJoin";

$i--;
            }
        } 
    Any idea what to do, please?

That means on line 271 of the template

Anyway, its most likely caused by a bad conditional

Comment

Oh, haha. On the template. I'll go back and see what I did. All I did was replace an imported template ($blah) with custom code. Hmm

Comment

Here's an odd one for ya.

PHP Code:
        <if condition="($permissions['articlepermissions'] & CANDELOTHART)||(($permissions['articlepermissions'] & CANDELOWNART) && ($bbuserinfo[userid] == $article[articleuserid]))">
        <
        fieldset class="fieldset">
            <
        legend>Delete Article</legend>
            <
        div style="padding:$stylevar[formspacer]px">
                <
        div style="margin-bottom:$stylevar[formspacer]px">
        <
        div align="center">Delete this article? <input type="checkbox" name="dodelete" value="1" align="absmiddle" /></div>
                </
        div>
            </
        div>
        </
        fieldset>
        </if> 
        This is what's causing the problem. It actually isn't on that line, but when I take it out there's no error. The odd thing is that it has absolutely nothing to do with what I edited, yet the file updates fine if I just hit "submit" and don't change anything. Any ideas?

Comment

Theres somthing about conditional I'd guess. Try stripping it down abit and see what happens.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X