X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forum crashes

Hello

Hope somebody can help me.
    I have vbulletin 3.0.3 and now i got a problem. Sometimes the users have the problem that the forum crashes while they browse through it. Then the Windows error message appears... the one where you can send the bug to Microsoft or press "Dont Send". And when you press one of these options, all Internet Explorer windows closes. Really annoying.
    We dont think that the browser Mozilla do the same, but we cant force all our users to use that browser.
    We have lost a lot of visitors, because it is really annoying when it goes down, especially if you have written a thread and it dissappears .

Anyone has a clue why this is happening? We have had the 3.0.3 a "long" time now, but it hasn´t been this way all the time.

Sorry for my bad english....

Well are you using a custom style?

Do you allow HTML

You should really upgrade to 3.0.6 for security.

Comment

We have our own style - if you want you can see it here: http://www.mor-far.dk/forum

THe forum has run without any trouble in a long time... but suddenly the errors began.

I will tjeck for HTML - i can´t remember if we allow it. I dont think so.

I think our licens has run out, so we have to pay again to upgrade. But if its nessesary for the errors to stip we´ll do that.

Comment

Hi again

I now have upgraded to the newest (think it is 3.0.7 ?), But the problem isn´t gone....

FOr most users it helps to turn off signatures... do you know what the problem are then?

Comment

If it only crashes when you're viewing threads, you could narrow it down to things in signatures.

Comment

I have now tried to turn off the possibility of using codes in signatures.... ex: ect... and the [img] funktion is also off now..... Now let´s see if the problem has gone...

Comment

Try to figure out if all threads that are crashing have a common member posting in them.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

HUH..... thats some job you gave me .... I began collekting names ones... but i never finished it.... but perhaps i should try again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X