Moving from php 2 to Vb3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from php 2 to Vb3

I have read about every thread here about this subject. Is there a write up about preparing the old database to run the Import against?

I have:

Right, on we go.

Secondly, make a back up of your source board and do the initial trail run import from that, not the live board.

ImpEx only ever reads from a source board it will never alter source data. Though running an import against source data that is being updated can have some strange outcomes for the import as well as the source board, also it will cause a lot of load on the source board.

Make sure you have the latest download, the version is in the download in the impex.readme.txt file. The latest version avaiable is at the top of the status thread.

Setting up

Set up a board for practicing an import into.

The vBulletin license allows you to have a development board installed for the purposes of development and testing. Practicing an import is a good example of this.

Copy your source data to the same machine that your development vBulletin install, be that a database (i.e. phpBB) or the files (i.e. ubb.classic).
    We have a phpBB 2.0.4 up and running. I'd like to make a backup and then move it to the new server locally,then run the import. Can this be done and do you know of a "How to”write-up?

The new board will be on a dedicated Linux v9 server. It has Plesk as the interface.
    Thank you
    John Langerud

There really isn't much to prepare. Basically all you need to is backup the old database as security.

From there, what I would do is install vBulletin onto a new database, and have Impex connect to the old phpBB database and import the contents of the older database.

If you are moving your site to a brand new server, create a SQL dump of the old phpBB database and send it to your new server and reupload it back. From there install vBulletin onto a brand new database, and begin the import process thereafter.

Hope that helps.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X