Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensing page numbers and stuff

Hi!

(Warning: I'm NOT a technie and I'm brand new to vB, so please go easy on me.)

Please take a look here:
    http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...ad.php?p=99427

I have many threads that are hundreds of pages long. Now take a look at the page numbers-- they go waaaay off the right side of the page. I noticed that on this board, they don't. They just have the first few pages, then a link to "last page." Can I do that? How?

Also, my users are asking for a more condensed view of things-- instead of having everyone's avatars and titles and names, etc. on top of every post, I used to have them to the left of the posts on ezBoard, which made for easier scrolling. Is there an option to do that on vB?

OH! One more question.

How do I change the default of the displayed threads-- right now it's set so only threads with posts made in the last 30 days are shown. How do I change it so the default is to see all posts since the beginning?
    Last edited by absolutewrite; Sat 12 Feb '05, 10:29am.
    http://www.absolutewrite.com: Where writers unite

Originally posted by absolutewrite
    I have many threads that are hundreds of pages long. Now take a look at the page numbers-- they go waaaay off the right side of the page. I noticed that on this board, they don't. They just have the first few pages, then a link to "last page." Can I do that? How?
    Go to:

Admin CP --> vBulletin Options --> General Settings --> Number of Pages Visible in Page Navigator

... this is probably set to 0; you should change this to the number of pages you want to be seen in the page navigator. The default is 3.

Also, my users are asking for a more condensed view of things-- instead of having everyone's avatars and titles and names, etc. on top of every post, I used to have them to the left of the posts on ezBoard, which made for easier scrolling. Is there an option to do that on vB?
    Yes there is. Go to:

Admin CP --> vBulletin Options --> Style & Language Settings --> Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

Flip the switch to be Yes.

How do I change the default of the displayed threads-- right now it's set so only threads with posts made in the last 30 days are shown. How do I change it so the default is to see all posts since the beginning?
    You can go edit each individual forum and set Default View Age to be Show all threads for every single forum. Alternatively you can do this slightly more complicated way.

You need to run this query:

Code:
    UPDATE forum SET daysprune = -1
    ... after running that you need to press the following button:

Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Forum Manager --> [Save Display Order]

... now all of the forums should show all posts. If you do not know how to run a query, see this thread.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

God bless you

That was so helpful and not even painful to try to understand. Thanks!
      http://www.absolutewrite.com: Where writers unite

Comment

No problem . If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Also the vBulletin Manual contains a lot of information, so you may want to take a look at it.
        Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Working...
        X