Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users not getting confirmation emails....why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users not getting confirmation emails....why?

I recently bought it, uploaded my phpBB forum to it via database restore, set a few changes and thought it was a bit dead, no wonder. Did a test account and never got an email.....

Anyway think it could be my host (1and1) having issues as I have ClickCartPro and that never sends email either with the links to digital downloads in

Try sending yourself a test email:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Email

Send test emails to multiple addresses to make sure any problems you encounter are not due to filtering / blocking programs at any one address.

If the test emails don't work, then the PHP installation on your server is not correctly configured to send email. You should contact your host about this.

On the other hand, if the test emails work, then no doubt the problem is filtering / blocking software that is flagging the activation emails at the destination addresses. You can help this problem by doing like in this thread... this will let users know how they can resolve the problem on their own.

Comment

It was in my junk email but usually it says the number of junk mail there are in that folder in bold but didnt actually show any until I clicked on the folder and then they showed up, it gives mine a high rating

Spam filters are stupid they block all the important stuff and leave all the spam coming to the inbox, well one from microsoft does anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X