Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a "database" error and now this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a "database" error and now this...

I had a "databse error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.1:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT forum.forumid, lastpost, lastposter, lastthread, lastthreadid, lasticonid, threadcount, replycount
    FROM forum AS forum

mysql error: Can't open file: 'forum.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Friday 11th of February 2005 11:12:44 PM

I went into the admincp and clicked on Repair/Optimize Tables and everything seemed to go fine it just looked as if one of the threads were corrupt so I ran it again. I went to the main forums page and scrolled down to the bottom of the page and saw that it said I only have 60,000 something posts on my site, I almost fell off of my chair. I'm missing over 80,000 posts, when I look beside the "Lounge" it says there are only like 400 something posts in there when there is supposed to be 80,000 and some. When I go into the lounge they all appear to be there but they are not showing up in the post count or on my forum home page. I'm somewhat new to this, this might be something very easy to fix or maybe not but I appreciate any and all help...

It can take several passes through the repair system to complete a table repair. Also, make backups...

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
      It can take several passes through the repair system to complete a table repair. Also, make backups...

I have done several repairs now and still nothing. I was planning on doing an upgrade tomorrow to 3.0.6 and now I have this obstacle standing in my way...

Comment

Also I just noticed, it's showing 30 threads and 416 posts in the Lounge. Those are all posts from the sub forum in there, so actually none of the threads or posts in the lounge are showing up on the forums page. In either post or thread count

Comment

it will prolly not make a difference, but did you try repairing through phpmyadmin?

Comment

Working...
          X