A Few Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Glitches

I have spent the last several days moving my forum to another server. So far everything seems to be a success but I am detecting a few glitches.

1.) The AdminCP is no longer blue. Its purple. What is the cause of this? I am running the same version of vB.
    2.) The mass emailer doesn't seem to be working. On the surface everything looks fine. No one is receiving the emails I have sent out though.
    3.) I can't seem to ban anyone. It asks me for my pass. I enter the pass. And nothing happens. The screen just pops up again.

#3 is normally caused by cookie problems. Clear your cookies and net cache, close your browser, and try again.

#2 happens a lot when the sendmail server isn't set up properly for the new IP.

No idea about #1. You using a different CRT?

Comment

#1. I figured out what was wrong here. I needed to change something under administration permissions.
      #2. How would I reset the sendmail server for the new IP address?
      #3. I cleared out all my cookies and temporary internet files. Then I closed my brower. Its still not working. Odd.

Comment

Cookie problem -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91523
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I went to the thread above.

"These cookie issues are all with Internet Explorer though."

I tried logging into my website and doing a ban with Netscape Navigator. Its giving me the same problem. Could there be some issue with user permissions that may be causing this? I can login to my website and post just fine. Its only when I go into the AdminCP and attempt to access banning options that I start having problems. I will enter in my pass and it will just take me back to the same screen.

Comment

Hmm. Banning seems to be under the modcp. It won't let me access the modcp panel as an administrator. Yeah. Its the modcp. I can't moderate attachments either.
            Last edited by NjEcTiOn; Wed 9th Feb '05, 6:49pm.

Comment

I fixed the banning problem by overwriting the files.

Comment

Working...
              X