No announcement yet.

Very slow loading Control Panel Home Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay thanks. Mine takes up to 10 secs.to open. Everything else zips right along.
    Now I've got information overload. My partner handles phpmyadmin. She's too busy right now, so I'm gonna till my grey cells settle down, and see if anyone else tries this out first.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark

Comment

I am having the same problem and my Quick Stats are off. IMHO, it is a routing issue at vB's host as no other site loads slow and many people are having the problem.

Comment

If you read this thread there are two diffent issues - one dealing with the Quick Stats processing time and the other with the routing issue to between your server and version.vbulletin.com. Yours would appear to be the latter.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am the webmaster for my forums, and I just recently purchased another vB License for one of my clients who uses a different webhost than I do. Quick Stats are off, just like at my forum.

His vB Control Panel (main page) is loading slow also. He at this point has 15 posts, and 30 members.

I have tried to load his control panel using my ISP, and another, both cable, with the same outcome (slow).

I'm not complaining, I can live with it. Just an FYI

David

Comment

And then the issue is the routing between your server and version.vbulletin.com as has been noted.

By the way, this should not stop you from using any of the Admin CP options.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              And then the issue is the routing between your server and version.vbulletin.com as has been noted.
              Hi Steve:

The two sites are on different servers, two different companies. Could it possibly be using the same router for both servers?

If my question is dumb, I apologize.

David

Comment

It's a routing issue. Not to be rude but if you think you have a another idea, then what is it?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  It's a routing issue. Not to be rude but if you think you have a another idea, then what is it?
                  Steve:

I don't have the knowledge and expertise that you, and the others here at vB do. I was only asking a question trying to understand this issue. That's all.

I'll just assume that it's a widespread routing issue and go about my normal duties.

Thank you as always,
                  David

Comment

Sorry if I sounded rude. Didn't mean to.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No offence to the guys over at vB, but it seems to me that they need mirrors for the version information... Too many requests to a little text file, coupled with routing issues from some hosts, along with users that don't understand the system... To avoid issues, you guys should be trying to get a mirror for the version info on another site on a different server... Talk around to other website admins and ask if they're willing to host a > 1kb file for you

Comment

I turned off Quick Stats and the main content frame does load quicker - not instant but better. Server load is still displayed which is the main thing I look for on that page so I'm happy enough.

However, the top version frame is still the slowest loading thing. Sometimes it's quick enough and loads within 10-15 seconds, other times it's upwards of a minute.

That mirroring idea sounds like a good one, if it's feasible, hopefully the vB team will look into that.
                        Last edited by Sidane; Wed 9th Feb '05, 3:57am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X