Clear All

• peterska2
    replied
    Please post your suggestions here

vBulletin Suggestions and Feedback

Leave a comment:

• Tagrel
    replied
    Have to agree that this feature needs to be added. We've had two spammers join in the last week, and I have NO desire to 'welcome' them on the front page! How about a fix in an upcoming release?

Leave a comment:

• TygerTyger
    replied
    Can I second this? I find it immensely irritating, especially if the newest member's username contains obvious spam or something filter-bypassingly offensive. Yes, you could alter the username or create a dummy name or whatever, but that seems somewhat illogical and unnecessarily painstaking to say the least. Especially when I can think of no obvious reason why banned users (especially on the front page of all places!) should be displayed as the latest member, which is what a workaround essentially suggests.

Or, if it is considered for some obscure reason to be absolutely essential that banned members be displayed on the front page (?!?!?) could it as a minimum make use of username markup so if you have banned usernames styled it's clear that way? I tried adding the "m" to the code, it just fails to display anything.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• m1thr0s
    replied
    Register a dummy member yourself and then delete it. That would get them off the "newest member" display....
    I tried that...but it just reverts back to the last "newest member" on the list and you have to start all over...somewhere there must be a file that logs these names that is not synchronized with the Ban process...

Still, the dummy member method will at least replace the unwanted name until another new member comes along that you wish to remain...

Just deleting also works but the problem is that you lose the vital stats or have to rebuild them somewhere else which is a nuisance. If you are getting hit with the same troll/spammer under multiple names, you'll want to know that right away, so deleting isn't such a great idea for the mostpart.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    which option is banned user names under? I found IP and email, but not username?

Leave a comment:

• CCWBumper
    replied
    Register a dummy member yourself and then delete it. That would get them off the "newest member" display....

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    Originally posted by pieman666
    If you do delete the user, make sure you add there username (or most of it) to the usernames that are not allowed, and you could also add there email domain to the banned list as well. Assuming they didn't use hotmail etc.
    Of course they used hotmail.

Leave a comment:

• pieman666
    replied
    If you do delete the user, make sure you add there username (or most of it) to the usernames that are not allowed, and you could also add there email domain to the banned list as well. Assuming they didn't use hotmail etc.

Leave a comment:

• Lenni
    replied
    you could delete the user.

Leave a comment:

• Hide banned users from "Welcome are newest member" etc

I just banned my first user on my forum. They signed up to exclusively promote there business. I put them in the banned user list, but they still show up as the newest member, and I don't want that.

Further more. there name shows up below the deleted post etc. I want it to be impossible for anyone to see there user. As for banning the IP, all IP's on my server are reported as the servers IP, been like this since Mac OS 10.1 Server (currently on 10.3 Server) and 2 different servers on top of that.

Thanks all.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X