X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Grunwald
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Assuming you have not installed any hacks, there is no way vB could be 20 mintues off since it takes it's time from the server. I'd double-check the server. That has to be where the problem is.
    I know this is an old thread but I have to add: My last host's sever was always about 25 minutes ahead - which played hell when trying to update pages as I was working - according to the time stamp the file I uploaded 10 minutes ago was "newer" than the one I was using to overwrite it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Assuming you have not installed any hacks, there is no way vB could be 20 mintues off since it takes it's time from the server. I'd double-check the server. That has to be where the problem is.

Leave a comment:

• ridemonkey
    replied
    I'm having trouble with the time too - except that in my case the clock is 20 minutes slow. I checked the server clock and it is correct. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• majglow
    replied
    Ok, I feel stupid, but CET is not Central Time, it is Central Eastern Time (or something like that).

So, it was the server time, I just didn't realize it was off.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Grunwald
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Did you change the time zone setting in your own User CP?

http://www.grunwalds.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions
    Ok I feel stupid - but I swear I looked in there several times and had changed it - that wasn't new territory ... BUT ... it was set to GMT

... and now it works correctly ... THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Did you change the time zone setting in your own User CP?

http://www.grunwalds.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions

Leave a comment:

• Rick Grunwald
    replied
    "All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM."
    Yet I have set it to my time zone in the admincp (GMT-5)

I am brand new so I may be missing something obvious with a week or two of experience

Leave a comment:

• majglow
    replied
    Here is an example:

My current time: Feb 4, 9:42 AM PST
    Current time on server (date command): Fri Feb 4 11:42:23 CET 2005
    My time zone settings in vB: GMT -8
    Time of post displayed:Today, 02:42 AM

Leave a comment:

• majglow
    replied
    I ran a date command at the command line and it returned correctly. The php date() function also returns the correct value.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Sounds like the server's clock is wrong. Check that out.

Leave a comment:

• majglow
    replied
    The server time zone and my time zone in my preferences are set correctly. This isn't just a problem with me, but all my users and new posts are getting thrown in at incorrect positions.

Leave a comment:

• sublu
    replied
    Did you set the GMT to your time zone?

Leave a comment:

• majglow
    started a topic Times (post, threads, etc...) are all off

Times (post, threads, etc...) are all off

I just moved my boards to a new server and the times are all wrong. They are 9 hours early with respect to the server. I checked the time on the server by doing "date" and the time is right. What might have caused this? (the time was right on the old server too and they are both servers from the same hosting company / data center.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X