Postbit Conditional based on usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postbit Conditional based on usergroup

I'm currently editing my templates to show an image in the postbit if the poster is part of a certain usergroup. (Kind of like a 'badge'). Anyway, using the <if condition="is_member_of($post, X)"></if> conditional...nothing seems to work. The if is never executed, even though I've verified that the usergroupid im checking against is a group that members are a part of - yet it doesn't show up in the postbit. I've tried just putting a $bbuserinfo[userid] into the template to see if it would spit out any user information, but nothing. This whole conditional thing seems to be poorly documented so figuring out how to customize templates seems to be a process of stab in the dark trial and error.

What could I be doing wrong?

Matt
    Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    antsmarching.org - People in every direction

That condition is correct for checking for members of usergroupid X. It should be working.

Is that condition within another condition that is evaluating to false? That is one possible explanation. If you post the entire contents of your postbit with the condition highlighted, then I can take a look.

Comment

I'm embarassed...I was working on Postbit when Postbit_legacy was the one I was viewing.
      Matthew Yette
      [email protected]
      antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X