Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirmary, Secondary Groups and Member Titles

Here is my setup:

i have 2 usergroups,(1) Default Registered usergroup with user title "New Member" (2) Primary Member Group with user title "Member".

I have set promotion so that after XX post and XX days, Primary Member Group is assigned to the user as a secondary Group. I have also directly assigned this 2ndary usergroup to some of the members.

Problem:
    Even after member is assigned secondary group, it still shows the user title of default Registered usergroup.

Ho do I ensure that, when user is assigned secondary usergroup, he/she gets the title of secondary usergroup automatically?

Any guidence most appreciated

This would require a vB staff member's input, but I believe that the reason that a usergroup is a "Primary" usergroup is because thats the usergroup that is displayed The primary usergroup will inherit and greater child usergroup permissions. Again, im not sure about this but that is what ive always believed.

Comment

xmitchx, thanks for your inputs. As far as permissions are concerned, its taking the permissions of secondary usergroup correctly..but its only the tilte which is creating a trouble

hope I will get an answer soon

Originally posted by xmitchx
      This would require a vB staff member's input, but I believe that the reason that a usergroup is a "Primary" usergroup is because thats the usergroup that is displayed The primary usergroup will inherit and greater child usergroup permissions. Again, im not sure about this but that is what ive always believed.

Comment

no one ?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Primary group title takes precedence. I don't think this can be changed without modifying the code. You can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have a similar problem, I have made it so if someone subscribes they join a secondry group which has a custom title.

As it is right now everythign works fine appart from the title.

So rather than adding subscribers to the secondry usergroup I could just change their primary usergroup, but what will happen after the subscription exprires, will they go back to registered users?
            Batter Late than ....... pregnant

Comment

After a Subscription expires, the user will return to the usergroup he was in before the subscription started.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X