Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hondaman
    replied
    First hit on a google search found the problem. Ironic I couldnt find this very same topic searching vB forums

Anyway, the problem was php.ini was set to 8 megs for the size of scripts it allows. I changed it to 32 and it finished the install.

Leave a comment:

• hondaman
    replied
    Unofrtunatley, its still hanging after the change and restarting of apache. Its a dual opteron 250, so I dont think it should be timing out on much. And I am the administrator of it. Its my box colo'd.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then the most likely cause of this is that the server is processing this step too slowly and exceeding the max_execution_time variable setting in php.iini. I suggest that you or your host increase this from the current setting of '30' to '90'. You will need to restart Apache after making this change.

Leave a comment:

• hondaman
    replied
    K, i just tried that, also tried unzipping the .tar.gz into a different dir on the server and copying the .xml files over into the install directory and still no go.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file to the install directory. Make sure you upload it in ASCII format and overwrite the one on the server. Then try again.

Leave a comment:

• hondaman
    started a topic Stuck on Step 6) Importing Language

Stuck on Step 6) Importing Language

It just sits there forever. No error messages. Nothing. Did some searching, and the db type is myisam, and here is the phpinfo:

http://www.gamevictim.com/forums/install/phpinfo.php
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X