Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users are not being automatically upgraded after paying through PayPal.com

Hi guys.

I've had subscriptions setup for a while now and things have always worked fine.

I'm now using VB 3.0.6. Because of some e-mail complaints, I checked my PayPal.com account and noticed paying subscribers aren't being upgraded to their new user group.

Anyone have any word on this?

Thanks.

Been working fine for me.

Does the Test Communications return a good result?
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Paypal cURL Pass Streams Pass NOCHEX cURL Fail Streams Pass
      I don't use NOCHEX so I assume the Fail for cURL doesn't matter. It's always been that way and its always worked.

Comment

Yeah, that doesn't matter unless you're using NOCHEX. Could just be an issue with PayPal. There have been times where there was a (in some cases long) delay between the payment being made, and PayPal contacting the server to tell it about the payment.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by Bigforumfan
          I've had subscriptions setup for a while now and things have always worked fine.

I'm now using VB 3.0.6. Because of some e-mail complaints, I checked my PayPal.com account and noticed paying subscribers aren't being upgraded to their new user group.

Anyone have any word on this?

Thanks.
          From our experience, this is a cURL issue with PHP and has been addressed here at Jelsoft. Search for cURL. We had a similar problem and then recompiled PHP with cURL enabled and it worked fine with Paypal.

You can tell in the AdminCP, because, for Paypal, both communications test for Paypal must be OK.

Server communication to processor Paypal cURL Pass Streams Pass

Comment

Both pass for him though. (See above.)

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
              Both pass for him though. (See above.)
              Right. Sorry, I missed the small words....happens when you get old, LOL

Comment

IM having the exact same problem..

Trick is - they were working fine until I upgraded to 3.06
                Last edited by joeychgo; Mon 7 Mar '05, 8:58pm.
                Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

version 3.0.7 is out now, why not try that version and see if it fixes it.
                  You should be using this version anyway cause of security issues with older versions
                  http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

Well it was working before I upgraded to 3.06 - I would like to avoid a night of upgading and reinstalling hacks.
                    Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                    Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

I have had problems with this in every version since subscriptions were created. The thing is, it works some times, but not others. My monthly subscription people have a very high percentage of failures, and I have grown weary of fixing them manually.

I've given up complaining about it for the most part, because all I ever hear is "it works for me."

I'm now taking over support for the recurring subscriptions hack which will at least keep my members from having to click every month. I'm also diving into the pay-pal development documents and the subscriptions code to see if I can figure out why in heck it fails so often.
                      http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

This isn't working for me. I've set up a subscription. We changed the settings at PayPal. I see in my access_log on my web server that PayPal is connecting to our board. However the subscription doesn't appear in the list. Is there any way to debug this and track down what paypal.php is doing with the result from PayPal?

Comment

re: paypal & eCheck...

i'm now having a similar problem.. out of the blue. everything's worked for as long as i can remember and now subscriptions aren't being upgraded if paid via eCheck, even thought he payment has cleared. regular subscribers wtih instant funds work, but anything with an eCheck never goes through even after it has cleared on PayPal.

Comment

We located our problem. It turned out that PayPal was not automatically accepting the payments from users on our board. Once we manually claimed the payments, then the subscription update happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Amstadt
                              We located our problem. It turned out that PayPal was not automatically accepting the payments from users on our board. Once we manually claimed the payments, then the subscription update happened.
                              "manually claimed the payments" .. what do you mean by that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X