Can't Open File: 'threadviews.MYI'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Open File: 'threadviews.MYI'

I'm not sure when the errors started but lately I'm seeing a lot of MySQL errors (almost every minute), and sometimes even get a "connect failed" error message.
    050126 10:39:03 /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't open file: 'threadviews.MYI'. (errno: 145)
    Can someone please help me get this mess fixed. I'm currently using vB 3.0.6 I tried repairing and optimizing tables last night but that didn't do much.

Thanks.

AdminCP > Import & Maitence > Repair / Optimize Tables > Check All > Continue

Comment

Hmm, I tried that last night, twice, and again just recently. The MySQL errors are still popping up ('tail -f mysqld.log).

Any other suggestions?

Comment

You might need to do it more than once.

Comment

No matter how many times I repeat the process I'm still getting those errors, and I have clicked on Repair / Optimize Tables at least 10 times already.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Can't open file: 'file.MYI'. (errno: 145)
            Error 145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

You should run optimize & repair on your database tables. If through a browser doesn't resolve this try through the shell account, directly in MySQL - if that does not help ask your hosting provider to look into it.

Comment

What's the shell command I have to type to fix my database tables?

Comment

check to see if your mysql data partition and tmp directory is out of disk space or not having enough free disk space first as you need 1-3x the amount of free disk space as largest table you are repairing

you may need to use more extensive mysql repair procedures since REPAIR and admincp repair can't repair all times of corruption

read an old article at http://i4net.tv/marticle/get.php?act...le&articleid=7 which still applies to MySQL 4.x
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I got it fixed last night. I forgot that there was another site using vBulletin and I upgraded the software on that site and that fixed the errors I was getting via shell.

Thanks for getting back to me, Eva2000.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X