Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Hacked Boards

Hey,
    I read some tutorials on upgrading hacked boards so I thought I would give it a try. I am currently running vbulletin 3.03 and want to upgrade to 3.06. Do I just go into the members area, download vbulletin no xml / images and then just do file comparisons adding the new code to my old vbulletin files?

After that do I just upload the changed files to my server and thats it?
    Thanks.

You need the XML files to upgrade. The only thing you don't need are the images.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Alright thanks.
      SO I just open up a file comparison tool like araxis merge and compare all the files from my hacked version and the new version and take all the new code from the new version and add it into the hack one?
      Thanks

Comment

I believe there is a tutorial available at vbulletin.org that explains this. We don't provide official support for hacks and hacked forums here.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X