• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aero1405
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.6.x

Database error

Hello:

I have installed vbulletin 3.06 with PHP 4.3.10 and MySql 3.23.49 and have this problem: I can properly surf the forum properly with no problem (at least that i'm aware of) but received a cople of mails from the forum saying the following:

Mail #1:
    Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Sunday 23rd of January 2005 07:34:49 AM
    Script: http://www.motor-mania.net/foro/cron.php?&rand=820376
    Referer: http://www.motor-mania.net/foro/showthread.php?p=1#post1
    IP Address: x.x.x.x
    Mail #2:
    Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Sunday 23rd of January 2005 10:01:13 AM
    Script: http://www.motor-mania.net/foro/misc.php?do=showsmilies
    Referer: http://www.motor-mania.net/foro/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3
    IP Address: x.x.x.x

I know the second error came up after i tried to access the smilies on the forum because i had to wait a lot for the page to load (but no error was shown on the site).

I don't know if this error has something to do with version 3.06 because i previously had 3.04 and 3.05 and never had this problem probably because the forum was not beeing used so much.

I also checked the database and everything seems to work fine.

Hope you can help me out with this.
    Thank you
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This error means that either the info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums wouldn't work at all) or there is a problem with the MySQL server. If you are sure that the db info is correct then you need to contact your host.

Note, many servers are being probed for the phpBB worm these days and the MySQL server is being overloaded. This could account for these errors.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• aero1405
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.6.x

Thank you, i guess it's something to do with the webhost because sometimes it works correct and some others the site loads really slow.

I'll let them know to see what they can tell me

Comment

• Art Andrews
        • Jan 2005
        • 4.0.x

Steve, can you elaborate on this a bit. I seem to be having the exact same problem and get between 5 and 50 error messages a day. My board seems to be running ok, although sometimes it does seem to be a bit slow. I have written my hosting service about it and they asked if the problem can be recrested on command. I can't seem to MAKE it cause these errors. Is there something else I should be telling them?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

What needs elaboration? If your forums are running, then the config.php info is fine. This means that the problem is with the server. Forward them everyone of your 'false, connect failed' messages if you want. Honestly I would doubt the competence of a host that doesn't know when their are problems with their own server. But that's just me.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎