Custom Skin, want to make it the default style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Skin, want to make it the default style

Hello, and thank you for trying to help me!

I just installed a new skin, and it looks great. What I would like to do now is to delete the default VB skin, or at least make it unavailable to my users. What do I need to do?

Also, while I have your attention, how do I make the forums the main page of my web site? The forums are already installed in my root directory, but I think that my web host does not recognize the index.php file, because when I deleted the default index.htm file, when I went the web site, all I saw was a page of jibberish code that made no sense at all. I have read something about a file I need to place to tell the server to read the index.php as index.htm, but I am unsure how to do this.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.
    Regards,
    Lou

xDebate.com - Present Your Case!

Originally posted by goingnova
    Hello, and thank you for trying to help me!

I just installed a new skin, and it looks great. What I would like to do now is to delete the default VB skin, or at least make it unavailable to my users. What do I need to do?

Also, while I have your attention, how do I make the forums the main page of my web site? The forums are already installed in my root directory, but I think that my web host does not recognize the index.php file, because when I deleted the default index.htm file, when I went the web site, all I saw was a page of jibberish code that made no sense at all. I have read something about a file I need to place to tell the server to read the index.php as index.htm, but I am unsure how to do this.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.
    I can help you with the first of your two problems. The skin selection.

First off, don't delete the default vB style.

admincp > vbulletin options > vbulletin options > style & language settings > default style > (modify here, choose the one you want as default)

admincp > vbulletin options > vbulletin options > style & language settings > allow users to change styles > No

admincp > styles & templates > style manager > (modify here, by placing a checkmark next to the style that you want as your default) > save display order

This should be some help to you.

Comment

Thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed.

Now... for the other prolblem.....

Anyone?
      Regards,
      Lou

Comment

What is the URL?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

www.orderoftheoldcode.com

Actually, I would like to make the vBadvanced Portal Page the main page. So when people use the above url, they are taken to the Portal Page.
          Regards,
          Lou

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X