• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of the scope

Hi,

If you go to a preview link of my forum at

http://s2.forumforfree.com/index.php...&showtopic=161

The forum gets distorted. Now I know I added the welcome panel hack but the forum layout gets distorted at 550x350 while on this forum that is also using vbulletin, it's normal.

http://s2.forumforfree.com/index.php...s&showtopic=35

Thanks in advance

From your page source, try removing the red code:

Code:
    <!-- / login form --> 

</td>
    <!-- Guest [] End -->
    </td>
    <td class="alt1" valign="top" [color=red]nowrap="nowrap"[/color]>
    <!-- Forum Stats [] Begin -->
    <div class='smallfont'><b>Forum Stats:</b><br />Threads: 420<br />Posts: 1858<br />Members: 94<br />Welcome to our newest member, <a href="member.php?u=109">.::aBDI::.</a></div>
    <!-- Forum Stats [] End -->
    </td>
    <!-- Main Welcome Panel Block [] End -->
    </tr>
    </table>
    This will cause the Forum Stats box to wrap instead of stretch.

Comment

Hi,

The Welcome Panel is now normal, thank you. But the problem I'm having is that middle part of the forum is going across the boundary of the white background. There seems to be awful lot of empty green space at the right. How do I fix that. I mean, other forums who use Vbulletin do not have this problem. Perhaps I've to change layout settings?

I'd also like to point out that if you change the skin (go down) to default skin. The problem is even worse. But if you choose the US Style, then everything is fixed. Is this because the US Style has a fixed layout and not 100%?

Thanks in advance

Comment

The problem is that your forum content is too wide for the box you are using to contain it. You need to either use a bigger box (larger forum width) or you need to hack up your templates and settings to reduce the width of your forum content.

It is much easier to just use a larger forum width. If you use a fixed width (as opposed to a percentage) then the forum width will remain constant and changing the window size will not affect anything.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X