Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomParad0x
    replied
    Actually .. I find that undeletable thing rather pointless in this situation... the problem is .. Admins are at the top according to all unhacked versions of the code.. have you created a custom user group for Super Admins.. I would limit that admins power.. maybe set it to where they can cant ban super admins.. the problem is .. the php code would have to be hacked.. after you find it the ban section and where it is.. havent looked everywhere at the coding... but im sure its there somwhere...

Leave a comment:

• motochick
    replied
    ok, this is funkified. I successfully added myself to undeletable users.

HOWEVER, when I tested it out, the test user was able to ban me (so I couldn't log into the CP when I tried).

BUT, when I logged back in as test user to un-ban myself I couldn't do it because my username is now listed as undeleteable.

I'm going to have to go back to config.php under the other super admins name, make myself deletable, then unban myself, and then make myself undeleteable again.

How can I make it so the test user can't ban me in the first place?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• motochick
    replied
    Right On, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It is also a setting in config.php put the same userid you entered for superdminstrator into undeleteableuser

Leave a comment:

• motochick
    replied
    Oh, I do trust him, but I have learned from experience that it's best to cover your ass.

Where in the CP can I make myself undeletable?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Zachery
    Add yourself to undeletable users.

However, you should note that if you cannot trust a user they probaly should not be an administrator.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Add yourself to undeletable users.

However, you should note that if you cannot trust a user they probaly should not be an administrator.

Leave a comment:

• motochick
    started a topic Admins banning Super Admin?

Admins banning Super Admin?

First, thanks for helping me locate config.php on my server

Now, my question.... I made myself a Super Admin and created a test user. I gave that test user Admin powers and limited their CP access. The problem is that the test user is able to Ban me (super admin). Is there any way to stop the test user from banning me WITHOUT denying them administrator control over "users, user titles, usergroups etc" in the CP?

I need to get this figured out so I can do it for a real user.

THanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X